sand vs. desert tan?

From: jose astudillo (verdeolivo@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Jun 21 2000 - 11:13:53 PDT

HI everyone its me again... "The rover hunter"; well
not anymore. I bought a civillian 1978 Toyota Land
Cruiser diesel so i think that make me a "infident" to
the cause; but my heart still beat hard each time i
see a DEFENDER 110 OR 112 crossing a
street...ahhhhh!!!
Well this is the topic: i want to paint my infident
Land Rov...oops!!!( pardon me , my inconcsient betray
me )Land Cruiser with a military color so i choose the
sand but then it appeared a question: it's #977 sand
color (30277) and "desert tan" the same? Theres
another problem: i ran to DU PONT paint and PPG paint
and toll me they DON'T have that color in the archives
/files in the computer ...so my unique option is
choose the color by appreciation...and that disliked
me.Unless you OLIVE DRAB guys give a hand .The shop
paint guys ,both DU PONT and PPG, toll me the numbers
i gave (above) are not correct or do not exist!!!I
explain the number could be military coded so not
available in a conventional civillian paint list, but
they respond me there's must be a civillian equivalent
number for the color i'am looking for...My question
:there's a civillian paint number equivalent for a
mil-std color paint, especifically for #977 sand
(30277)??
Please be hurry , im tired of walking(not singing) in
the rain, dust , burning sun,etc...My vehicle it's
stopped at the shop because the paint!!!

I'll be gratefull for any helpfull info>

         Thanks in advance.The "no more Rover hunter".