Re: [MV] M1941 JOHNSON FOR SALE

From: James Shanks (n1vbn@bit-net.com)
Date: Thu Jun 22 2000 - 02:35:17 PDT

Sounds like a Infantry rifle to me. It used a short recoil piston to power
the bolt and an unusual design 10 round magazine. The USMC purchased just
over a thousand of them in WWII as it was designed by a then active duty
Marine Captain (?). Had two major advantage's over the Garand, 10 rounds in
the mag and you could "top up" the magazine with single rounds. To a
Military collector they have a definite place in the US Military History
rack.

James Shanks
The Line Below is my Ham Radio Callsign
n1vbn@bit-net.com
The line below is my Ham Radio Packet Address
N1VBN @ WB1DSW.NH.USA.NOAM