Re: [MV] Power Steering Kit?

From: Cabell Garbee (cgarbee@ipass.net)
Date: Thu Jun 22 2000 - 18:40:35 PDT

Information from the Big Electric Classifieds - Parts (M37 site
classifieds). I've dealt with Tom at Snake River and he is a good guy, so
is Ray at Helitool. Ray also has the disc brake setup for sale (I have
them on the front of my 1953 USMC M37 and it is a wonderful setup.). Ray's
site is at: http://www.helitool.com/

Hope this helps,
C. Garbee

Text of Tom's add on the classifieds follows:
"Complete M37 power steering set up
Contact:
Snake River 4x4
4275 E. 1400 N.
Ashton, ID 83420
Telephone: 208-652-3450
E-mail: snakeriv@srv.net
Description
I will soon be working with Ray Suiter at HELI-TOOL to offer everything that
it will take to complete your own power steering set-up on an original M37.
Following are the tenitive items and prices.
HELI-TOOL bracket and bolts $ 49.00
Rebuilt FORD power steering pump $ 85.00
5/8" HELI-TOOL V-pulley $ 19.95
Used Saginaw power steering box $150.00
Flaming River U-joint set-up $149.00

Other incidentals will include, power steering hoses, bearing on fire wall
$14.50, and $15.00 charge for boring u-joint if attaching onto the original
column. Another option, if you are modifing, is a replacement Saginaw tilt
steering column with turn signals, 4-way flashers. For $245.00

The Saginaw steering box and bracket that you will need is off of a 1974 to
1978 Dodge 4x4 pick-up. I keep one or two in stock, they are not that easy
to find.

Upon purchase of some items, complete instructions will be included."