Jumping a 24 volt with a 12 volt system

From: Geof Kaye (KAYE-RIVERCITY@webtv.net)
Date: Sat Jun 24 2000 - 20:41:20 PDT

I have done it Gene Patano's way and It WILL work BUT it takes all
day......or at least most of a twelve pack .....It's almost easier to
steal another battery from someone else's car/boat and get the dam deuce
started and then slip them back the battery. All you need is three
jumper cables or one pair of jumper cables and remove the jumper between
the military batteries and use it on the car batteries. Remembering to
re-attach it when you finished jumping. Driving without the lite switch
activated will allow the 60 amp system to charge the batteries in about
an hour of driving .....not idling....geof

'92 Dodge Diesel -'72 AMG 6X6 Deuce -'97 454/425 Pathmaker
Airboat-'87 BAJA Fish and Ski and more time/money/toys than I know what
to do with....Ain't America Great!!!