WC51 INTEREST

From: Stephen Flynn (FLYNN1955@webtv.net)
Date: Sat Jun 24 2000 - 23:42:08 PDT

                       Dear List,I now have a 1943 WC51.Rebuilt 1-3 -50
Ordnance Automotive Center SCHW
GMUED,U.S.Army,Europe
U.S.A.#279878 (hood # ? )
Serial #97564615
         This truck came from Norway , I'm interested in putting
together a history on vehicle.Does anyone wish to share information,on
or off list ?Questions such as,where that Depot is,Knowledge on
Norwegian service,translate data plates.Supply history to
Europe,stories...

Also,my first task is to work on lights, or lack of.I do get black out
lights,no headlamps,high or low (all equipment is their ) My first guess
is switch,want to pull it check circuit breaker.A friend who rebuilds
cars ,CJ Jeep in now,suggest upgrade to 12v.Yes it's cheaper in long
run,I'm a romantic and would like to see it remain original.I'm
thoughtful on brake lights though,don't need trouble from the
''MAN''.How have others dealt with street legal issues?
                     Other than that the old boy seems sound.Brake drums
seem to need turning,rebuilt main components,calipers etc... No scary
drips,can;t hear warning noises.Am not use to that flat head 6
yet,kinda' like a Harley ,throaty maybe a good tune up.!Paint of course
is sorry,can see though the 50's depot boys did a good job. The rest
hodge podge,brush strokes the lot,big peeling flakes.A little cancer
rust,scratch and wear rust.Needs window seals,missing odd
bolts....nothing big . Wood is oak,one bow replaced, fir.Now is
really busy time for me,no free weekends, so can't do much.I would
really like to get it going on the road,also meet like minded historical
MV folks,any side of the Ponds.
I'm from Massachusetts,N.Wales (Mum GI bride) now in Oregon
TIA
Steve
MVPA 21689(1st monday, month)
OHMS (2nd tues.month)