RE: Milweb - marketplace for Jeeps Tanks Military vehicle

From: Rayfield , Robert S Jr Mr DUSA-IA/Techmatics (RayfieldRS@hqda.army.mil)
Date: Mon Jun 26 2000 - 05:02:32 PDT

Not sure, Frank, will try to retrans. Did you get on the net and subscribe
to the military vehicle preservation web distribution for email at
"@skylee.com?":
To unsubscribe, send e-mail to: <mil-veh-off@skylee.com>
To switch to the DIGEST mode, send e-mail to <mil-veh-digest@skylee.com>
To reach a human, contact <help@skylee.com>

You should get on this mailing list - you will find out all you need to know
about MV's.

REgarding your painting yr vehicle, I sent you myideas on that but do not
know if you saw it. Are you painting your vehicle as garrison gear or FMF
gear? There was not a distiction, really until way later after the jeeps of
WW II-Korea era were gone. Would recommend you painting your veh solid
green, with the letters "USMC" above the serial number on each side of the
hood:

USMC
XXXXXX

They should be blocked forward; i.e., the set on the left side (drivers)
would be like the one above, the set on the right side (passengers) would
be:

  USMC
XXXXXX

They should be yellow gold, 2IN high. We went to 1 in later (Vietnam and
thereafter)- I am doing this off the top of my head - some on
mil-veh@skylee.com may give you more accurate info if you subscribe.

You can get better info by sending out an "all hands" email to
"mil-veh@skylee.com" which will get you info from everyone who knows
everything about military vehicles. Also check their web page, all older
messages are archived there and you can research topics from that site.

In fact, I am going to info all hands with this, hopefully they will get
back to you off line - but in order to get all the responses, you will have
to subscribe (free). Just do it.

Talk to you soon.

S/F,
Stew