Re: [MV] US politics & military vehicles..WAS: [MV] Don't Vote for algore

From: Richard Notton (Richard@fv623.demon.co.uk)
Date: Thu Jun 29 2000 - 00:29:23 PDT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Janet Blohm" <barjanin@eagle.ca>
To: "Military Vehicles List" <mil-veh@skylee.com>
Sent: Thursday, June 29, 2000 5:45 AM
Subject: Re: [MV] US politics & military vehicles..WAS: [MV] Don't Vote for
algore

Me neither.

>I felt this was one big happy (unhappy) family.

Albeit that vehicle types tend to be rather mono-national and limited.

>As per the internet etc. Alexander Graham Bell
> was a Canadian. He invented a little item called the telephone. Where
would
> the internet been without that. A little help from your northern friends.

Not to forget Fleming (UK) who invented the thermionic valve and Alan Turing
(UK) who used these in the first digital, instruction set operated computer
at Bletchley Park. (Collossus).

> Anyway no offence taken and I agree with Jack that there is a little place
> here for politics.

Concur.

> Because we are your neighbours we are interested in what
> is happening in your country and particularly what is relevant to the MV
> hobby.

However, after Canada the likely interest is about zero.

>You have no right to complain after if you didn't show up at the polls.

Very true.

I am trying to piece together anything about the M-C CS9 LAC now believed to
be extinct, should anyone have any information or even a sighting of a
fragmented part I'd welcome the information.

Richard
Southampton - England