Parade of Tall Ships!!!

From: CERANTHIA@aol.com
Date: Sat Jul 01 2000 - 05:33:43 PDT

 Hey Everyone, I hope all are in good health and spirits. I just wanted to
remind all my brothers and sisters in New England of the tall ships and all
the events surrounding them. On sunday morning we're leaving Plymouth, early,
for Newport--RI. The tall ships will be parading in line formation under
the Newport bridge and through the east passage,past Portsmouth and
Jamestown, and then back around again. It should be magnificent!!! Full
rigged warships are the ultimate military vehicles,to me anyway. I'll be
there with my M-35,we'll be next to pier # 1 where the aircraft carriers
Forrestall and Saratoga are mothballed. Rumor has it that Newport will be
the home of a new naval museum with the Saratoga--Forrestal open to the
public and the battleship Missouri may be the centerpiece. I always wanted
to see the plaque and stand where the Japanese signed the "unconditional
surrender". Also the SeaBee museum is coming along fairly well from what my
Dad says,he was one of the first over at Davisville, they restored the "BEE"
and he looks great especially that pissed off look on his face--he's the
perfect symbol for the fighting SeaBees. Take care all.

Mike and the bunch in Plymouth,Ma.
MVPA # 20487
1969 Kaiser M-35-rumble buggy
God Bless America!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!