Re: [MV] diesel powered heaters

From: Cliff Dahl (wrcc@rapidnet.com)
Date: Tue Jul 04 2000 - 11:13:34 PDT

Don:
I use these stoves every year on our annual ATV outing. I heat both my GP
medium (2 stoves) and my GP small (1 stove). I use a mixture of 50% gas
mixed with 50% diesel. This gives a good BTU output and burns at a slower
rate than straight gas. I agree with Jim Gilmore that these unit are safe.
 I have used them for 4 years now with no problems. I did, however, take
the fuel regulators apart to make sure the floats were not sticking. There
is an overflow line that also needs to be routed away from the tent in case
of too much fuel in the fuel bowl. I did manage to pick up a few extra
stoves last year. They are complete exect for the stove pipes, which are
standard 4" stove pipe. They do have some surface rust but are otherwise
in good shape. If you can't find any closer, let me know.
Cliff Dahl
Rapid City, SD