M35 Drive-train, MPH and various questions

From: Les Newman (lnewman@tridium.com)
Date: Wed Jul 05 2000 - 05:53:36 PDT

Hello all. I am new to the M35.

Question #1- Drove my new (to me) truck over the holiday. Had expected to
get more speed out of it, but it seems that 40 mph is the fastest I should
go. Anything over that and the engine (drive train too??) is screaming. At
least it seems that way to me. This is a non-turbo model. Expected results?

Question #2- Received a mailer from Memphis Equipment about some manual lock
device for the 6x6 unit. Something about problems from some automatic locker
that can be replaced with their manual device. What are they talking about?

Question #3- After warm-up, the oil pressure is around 10 - 15 at idle,
going to 30 psi on the road. Actually, I don't know if the gauge is reading
correct or not. I guess I could put a new mechanical gauge in with it to
verify. I suspect it is correct though. Is this acceptable readings?

Question #4- Since I will be on the road 100 % of the time, any advantage
(less wear and tear) to disconnecting the front drive shaft. I haven't
really examined it, so not sure it is even feasible, just thinking about
options.

Thanks for any help.