Re: [MV] Fw: [MV] M35 electrical (lights) questions richard burrell

From: Chris Ciesla (n2rdp@hotmail.com)
Date: Thu Jul 06 2000 - 02:14:38 PDT

>but when they ask me what it was for they said that they didn"t carry >any
>parts for that.

Never tell them that the part is for an MV if you already know the part
number. This only confuses the guy behind the counter.

Remember, unless you spend a lot of money there and they know you, they
won't put much effort into searching out parts for you.

I'm a professional truck mechanic and I get this all the time, even with
late model, civilian trucks. The local International dealer's parts
department won't look up anything! You have to give them the VIN number of
the truck and hope it's in their computer system. Even with that system,
they still come up with the wrong parts!

Chris

NAPA = No Army Parts Available