What In The World?

From: Carol Kenyon (Da-Kenyons@webtv.net)
Date: Thu Jul 06 2000 - 21:51:38 PDT

Sorry to keep trotting this thing out, but I just
noticed tonight that my "unidentifiable" '39
Ford 1.5 Ton panel had YELLOW STRIPES
against olive green paint. You might recall
that this thing was extensively converted for
some unknown (hopefully military) use.
This conversion consists of heavy metal cabinets expertly integrated
into the panel sides
ala "service" or "utility" body. These cabinets
actually protrude about 5" on each side and take up about 90% of the
cargo space.
Imagine now a 1.5 Ton (big, round) 134"wb
Panel with flat cabinet doors filling in almost all
of the panel sides from beltline to roof gutter
olive green WITH YELLOW STRIPES!!! These
stripes are also on the huge rear pontoon-style
fenders. What in Gen. George S. Patton was
this thing??? Armed Forces Emergency Vehicle? Did it carry things that
go "boom"??
Doesn't it sound more and more like U. S. Army? I could really use some
input here!
Thanks, Don Kenyon