Re: [MV] Importing Military Vehicles into the U.S.

From: RKiser8375@aol.com
Date: Fri Jul 07 2000 - 17:04:56 PDT

Jason,

I have heard lots of stories similar to yours, but I have talked with the
guys at the State Department frequently for the the last few months and
(here's the good news) I can guarantee you that I can get a Form 6 issued by
the BATF and approved by the State Department for an M151-A2. Let me know if
you would like to pursue this further.

Rob Kiser

<< Rob,

 That would be great. It would open up a new market from overseas.
 Unfortunately, I've heard of people trying to bring mutts in from Canada,
 and they have had them impounded. I myself almost bought a Canadian m151a2,
 but I checked with the State Department, and they said "no go" on bringing
 it in. They said it was Significant Military Equipment. I argued they had
 been out of service for 10 years, but to no avail.

 Anybody else have any input on this?

 Jason >>