Re: [MV] Don't Vote for algore

From: Robert D. Brooke (rdb18@csufresno.edu)
Date: Fri Jul 07 2000 - 17:11:28 PDT

Sixshoot45@aol.com wrote:

> He may have volunteered to go but his influential father saw to it that gore
> saw no action.

Also, I believe he was a "photographer" with one or more personal
bodyguards, and he was in country, instead of the normal 11-12 months,
only 5 months.

I believe George W. was in a Reserve component unit. If his unit was
like the one I was in, we went to training for 3 weekends a month,
rather than the normal one weekend, and were ready to go, but LBJ, for
political reasons, never called a single reserve component *unit* to
overseas
active duty.

But I don't have to go back 30 years to find a reason to suggest those
of us in this hobby should hesitate to vote for Gore or Nader. There
are recent indicators they support measures which would hurt our
hobby.

Bob Brooke