Is It Army Airport Veh. Or Ma Bell?

From: Carol Kenyon (Da-Kenyons@webtv.net)
Date: Fri Jul 07 2000 - 19:21:55 PDT

Thank you for your great replies. I'm so green
that I didn't know about the Army airport stuff.
I can tell you that literally hundreds of Bell
Telephone retirees (Telephone Pioneers) have
looked at pictures and descriptions of my big
panel and NOBODY NOWHERE REMEMBERS
NOTHING! If it was a public utilities truck, it was made in very small
numbers. Most of the
tel. trucks, for example, are made according to
a formula. A line truck or I/M truck looks pretty
much the same whether you're in New England
or California. The yellow stripes on this thing is
just another curveball!
Imagining this thing on one end of a runway
trying to rescue a (olive-green) C-47 just puts
a smile on my face.
However, if it turns out to be more pedestrian-
that's OK. I can't e-mail pictures yet so just
give me your address and I'll send what pictures I have. Thanks for
your input. I am
a MVPA member, by the way! Don Kenyon