NOT A PUBLIC UTILITIES VEHICLE!

From: Carol Kenyon (Da-Kenyons@webtv.net)
Date: Sat Jul 08 2000 - 18:49:25 PDT

Thanks to Mr. Joe Shannon who scanned in my
pictures, I THINK I can send them to whoever
wants them. Mr. Everett Doyle remembers a
truck like mine in late 40's dismantling WWII
era bombers (maybe my dad's B-17?) in Arkansas. The one he saw was full
of tools and
that's the general feel I get from mine. Mine
had yellow stripes for some reason, but both were olive green. Now, I
know that anyone could build a vehicle like mine and that just because
Mr. Doyle saw one just like it 50 years plus ago in Arkansas doesn't
mean mine HAS to be mlitary. However, doesn't this tip the scales in
favor of Army Air Corp or something
equivalent? I forgot to ask my own PRIMARY
SOURCE , my dad, because he could've been
around vehicles just like this in WWII. He was
stationed in Watton, England, I think (please
forgive spelling errors) and flew B-17s AND
Mosquitos. I don't think vehicles like these ever
made it to England, however. Tell me if I'm
wrong!
I'm on a roll (thanks to Mr. Doyle) so I would like
to ask a question of the group. All identifying
logos have been ground off, but of what I can
see on the driver's door is ABOUT 8" diameter
and roundish. Where can I go online to look at
WWII military logos? I'm familiar with the big
white star in a circle. Did AAC or AAF have a
circular logo that was used on vehicles or am
I way off? Thanks Everyone, Don Kenyon