M38A1 seats

From: David (davejodi@epix.net)
Date: Sat Jul 08 2000 - 19:17:39 PDT

Listers,

Caution, if you cannot bear to see parts used in "wrong" vehicles, hit
the delete key now.

Those with a budget, stick around: What seat frames will fit in an
M38A1? Did the early CJ frames have separate seat and back cushions?
Will they work for the front?

Will a rear seat from a MUTT fit in the back of an M38A1? I figure
production numbers were higher, therefore, the M151 series back seats
should be easier (read cheaper) to find as long as the DC alphabet soup
stays out of it. From pictures, they look pretty similar, as long as
the dimensions are pretty close, 99% of the people won't know.

My jeep won't be winning concourse judging, but will be USED.

Thanks for any input/ideas on the subject.

Dave in PA