Re: [MV] Stove repair

From: Brian Leffler (leffield@yahoo.com)
Date: Sat Jul 08 2000 - 20:22:57 PDT

I have a stove like this marked with an ordinance
corps flaming bomb and "Coleman 1945"

My grandfather bought it as surplus after Korea. When
he gave it to me after storing it for years, the pump
leather was dried out. A good blob of Vaseline and
liberal rubbing and it works like a charm still 8
years later.

Brian

> Usually the problem here is that the leather
> cup in the pump
> (fig.2.3, item 11 in your manual) has dried out.
> You can try softening
> up the leather with a silicone based oil and
> "massaging" the oil in. As
> this is still an issue item the cup may be found at
> surplus stores.

=====
Two points of Cowboy Wisdom:
Never squat with your spurs on; and