MAN 4x4 high mobility info wanted please

From: Mark van Harmelen (mark@cs.man.ac.uk)
Date: Sun Jul 09 2000 - 17:09:40 PDT

Hi everyone

Can you help please?

I have been searching for info on and sources of a MAN high mobility
4x4, about 7.5 ton GVW, maybe more. I believe that it is called a CAT-1.
It has an almost square cab with the typical MAN angular cut-away
section at the front bottom of the cab to improve the approach angle.

There is no specification info on the net, the closest that I can get to
a MAN 4x4 is on current commercial 4x4 (2000 series), 6x6 and 8x8.

Any info/experience appreciated, and particularly if you can help with
european dealers or sources of surplus vehicles.

I may have found one of these vehicles (maybe, I haven't seen it yet,
the info offered over the phone was a little sketch) but it's rather
pricey.

I can e-mail a small picture of one to anyone who cares to see it,
please e-mail me directly.

thanks for any help you might be able to give me
regards
mark