Re: [MV] Support the MVPA-Vote Smart

From: LEEnCALIF@aol.com
Date: Mon Jul 10 2000 - 09:33:28 PDT

>I probably won't vote for Gore But is G.Bush Jr's service record better than
Gore's? He didn't even go but went in the Texas National Guard. Tom McGarry<

Hi Tom,

I would respectfully offer up just one caveat to your reasoning. In my
humble logic and speaking in general terms, those Americans in the last
election who voted for a draft dodger over a true war hero, have forever
surrendered their right to judgment based on a candidate's military record.
I'm sure we would agree, to do any less now would be the height of hypocrisy.

If however, one didn't do that, then it's fair for them to use this as part
of the litmus test. As for me, I am voting for the guy who supports us.
George W. Bush. I am happy to know you will "probably" not vote for Gore.
But, a vote for anyone other than Bush is still not helpful.

Jack (from the bunker) Lee
Occupied Kommie Kalifornia

PS Did you know that in this state, if you are 31 days late on your vehicle
registration you pay a whopping 60% penality? Is that outrageous or what?

This is completely in conflict with the laws governing excessive penalities
controlling your visa, rent, utility bills, etc., but then those are not
government agencies are they?