1/4 ton trailer ID help

From: Mike Pilcher (candlewickjeep2@webtv.net)
Date: Mon Jul 10 2000 - 19:51:11 PDT

Can anyone on the list please help?
I saw what I thought was a military trailer for sale at an
individual's front yard.......He had it rigged up as a deer blind and
decided he didn't need it any more.
No data plates.
The tub itself is the right shape and size.
It has a tailgate, but it doesn't look original so rear panel could have
been cut out.
The frame at the front has not been cut.
BUT all landing leg mechanism is gone, incuding lunette. A regular
civvy tongue has been welded to front of frame.
There are no handles on the four corners.

What in the world have I found? I suspect it's a civilian Bantam.

Can anybody email me pictures of a
civilian Bantam? Does anybody know the NOT obvious differences between
a WWII Bantam and a civilian one?

Please advise!

Mike Pilcher
M37