Mule update: Flywheel is off.

From: Lisa (jeepcj8@home.com)
Date: Mon Jul 10 2000 - 21:07:29 PDT

The tool I made worked fine! I have the TM's, and a special
tool isn't listed for flywheel removal, so either a generic
puller exists or you make one. I am making notes in the TM
on how I removed the pilot bushing assy. and the flywheel so
that I will know how for the next Mule I get to restore.
Tapping on the outer circumference of the flywheel would
have worked eventually, but this way prevents marring the
hub on the crank. Very similar to the tapered hub on a two
piece rear Jeep axle. It was dark when I did this, so I
didn't notice a key, though there should have been one. If
so, it is still in the flywheel, I felt the end of the
crank, which was nice and smooth-no galling. Now I should be
able to get the rest of it apart...until the next challenge.

Thanks for all who responded with advice!
Lisa