Last minute War and Peace Show bulletin

From: NIGEL HAY (Nigelhay@tanksrus.freeserve.co.uk)
Date: Thu Jul 13 2000 - 10:26:25 PDT

The KM War and Peace Show 2000 .as organiser Rex Cadman says "Should be good
then..."

I know a lot of you coming, in many cases, a long way to join us next week.
Here are just a few tips to help guide you through the fun

If you need to contact the show office, please call 0044 1622 872068 from
outside UK, or 01622 872068 in the UK

Tickets.if you are coming for all 5 days its best to buy a 5 day pass for
£20.
 On site information points - these are manned 24 hours a day.
Maps ..look out for the 8foot by 4 foot full colour site maps on the
showground with all facilities clearly marked.

The event website is www.warandpeace.uk.com

 (and our exciting TV adverts are now on Meridian TV (Channel 3) in the
South East, you will see them in your hotel rooms..which is a fairly
pointless piece of information because you already know the show is on by
now!)

Money.Unlike the USA most traders and vendors won't always take credit
cards, so bring plenty of cash. UK Pounds is best. You will find many
traders will let you pay for heavy items and collect at the end of the day.
Money changing is available at the Hop Farm Office (subject to certain
limits)

Jeep for a Pound ? Yes you can win a Jeep in our raffle , open to all at
just £1 a ticket. Don't miss the chance to get a ticket, they are available
from points all over the site.

Chemist/Drug Store/ Pharmacy Nearest is in Paddock Wood. (a small town with
most types of shop, banks etc) There are First Aid points around the site

Clothing..despite some of the more (misguided) pessimistic weather reports,
we normally arrange a heat wave for the duration of the show, but England
would not be truly visited if you did not experience one of our famous
showers. However, good news! We have a wide range of quality War and Peace
Fashion wear , from polo shirts to fleece jackets, umbrellas and caps. So
you can join the ranks of the best dressed people on site. Alternitavely
there may be the odd trader selling camo trousers

Programmes.these will be on sale around the site for just £2.50. They are
well worth getting to help you find out what's on and to find your way
around.

Mobile Phones .. We understand that not all US network phones will work on
our networks. However phone cards are available on site. If you prefer,
Mobile phones with pre pay cards are available in most gas stations and
corner shops.

Video and camera film
We strongly advise that you bring sufficient films, batteries and cassettes
with you, although limited quantities may be on sale on site, you don't want
to run out. However orders can be taken for the 2000 Video in both PAL and
NTSC format.

On site catering facilities for all you hungry folks include..

20 food outlets - everything from Burgers to 3 course dinners. Vegetarian
food available
6 Off licences (a bit like liquor stores)
3 beer tents
Ice cream and soft drinks booths everywhere.

For those who have survived till Saturday night, the Herb Miller Orchestra
are performing to a ticket only audience. Details on the website. There is
entertainment on site every night including live music and a fun fair.
But as to the mere 3,000 odd vehicles that are taking part, and what's
happening during the event... I don't want to spoil it- you'll just have to
wait and see ..Its only a few days

See you all at the Hop Farm next week,

Kind regards, NIGE