Re: [MV] Mule Liscense?

From: Richard Tait (rtait@earthlink.net)
Date: Thu Jul 13 2000 - 21:33:48 PDT

I think I can answer this. I'm looking at the registration for my M274A5 right
now. I have a California "green sticker" off road registration. The people at
the DMV gave it a body style "4W" for "four wheel". It was too heavy to fit in
the category of four wheel ATV's, so it is in the class with sand rails etc.
The two year green sticker costs $21, which is a bargain in California.

I am surprised that someone was able to get their Mule registered as Historical
since they are in no way street legal, but these things tend to be somewhat up
to the interpretation of the DMV staff. I would recommend bringing along
photos of the vehicle. This helped me. I ran the Mule through the VIN
inspection line on a car trailer, parked it in the lot, and used snapshots to
help explain to the registration people what I was trying to register.

It was pretty painless as I remember.

Hope this helps,
Matt Tait
Fullerton, CA