M151 A2 Problems

From: Anith@wfp.org
Date: Fri Jul 14 2000 - 07:16:50 PDT

Hi guys!

1. My 1984 MUTT has a problem of brake fluid leaking from the Master
Cylinder. I changed the rubber kit inside the cylinder but within a couple
of days the problem started all over again. I can not find a spare cylinder
here easily. (I am working in Sudan-Africa) Also what is the specified
brake fluid for Mutt?

2. When the vehicle is in low gears and is slow and especially when the
clutch is let out, there are noices from the rear and underneath-obviously
from the joints. (Slack in joints or problems in differential?) I have
replaced universal joints but the sounds persist. In higher gears and at
higher speeds, the sounds disappear.

3. My machanic says that the engine crank-shaft bearing needs replacing.
When I do that, what else needs to be checked-so that I do not need to open
up the engine again?

4. The gear shifting is not smooth. Is it common with MUTTs of 1984? If
not, what is the remedy?

URGENT advices from listers would be most welcome!

Cheers!

Anith

M151 A2 (uncut!)