Re: [MV] M880 Info. wanted

From: chance wolf (timberwolf@lynx.bc.ca)
Date: Tue Jul 18 2000 - 00:31:03 PDT

At 12:24 AM 7/18/00 -0700, chance wolf wrote:
>4) The alternators/regulators don't seem to take kindly to
> being loaded with a less-than-ideal battery (i.e., one
> you have to jump-start frequently, or one with
> a dead-or-dying cell.) Common-sense for most
> vehicles, but some are more forgiving than others, IMO.

Forgot something.

5) If you can feel the gas pedal 'moving' somehow underneath
     your foot when you're driving, or there seems to be
     an inordinate amount of cab-flex, check the mounting of
     the front clip to the frame - basically at the level of the
     top of the bumper behind the grille - and see if the
     bolts are there. If I recall, they're supposed to thread
     into tapped holes, but *none* of the surplus trucks
     I've come across had the bolts in place (and all had
     symptoms as described above.) Dodge/Chrysler
     evidently has a kit to deal with the situation, but
     if your truck is like mine was, the threads/holes
     are long past stripped, so you might be better off
     coming up with something yourself.

Andy Hill
Vancouver, B.C.