help on an old military "sight" or scope

From: Conrad Vogel (conrad@nidlink.com)
Date: Wed Jul 19 2000 - 20:54:49 PDT

I found a "sight" or periscope (or something) last summer that I am
curious about. It's very heavy, painted green, 2" diameter pipe, 2-1/4
feet long with an adjustable zoom 2-3/4" diameter on one end. It can be
adjusted from +3 to -3. The only numbers I can find on it are
"C7670695" in small number on the barrel. There are two thicker 3/4"
rings on both ends, one with a small knob on it. I can't turn the
adjustment, but I can still see through it. Any idea on what it is? I
can supply a picture of it in a few days if that would help. Thanks for
your time.

--
Conrad Vogel
mailto:conrad@nidlink.com