HMMWV Master Cylinder or kit information

From: chance wolf (timberwolf@lynx.bc.ca)
Date: Wed Jul 19 2000 - 23:36:27 PDT

One of our USMC humvees has a leaky early-pattern master cylinder, which
quite probably just needs a rebuild kit. Nobody seems to have heard of
them, much
less stocks them, despite a fairly conventional Bendix-style configuration
and a bore
diameter I'm fairly certain I've seen on some Chevy or other (not CUCV,
unfortunately -
I checked!)

The newer-style master cylinder is reportedly interchangeable with the old,
but most
of the bigger dealers like Front Line are right out of stock. Does anyone
know of any
sources for the rebuild kits, or, failing that, someone who might have a
reasonably priced
NOS replacement? AM General was no help, and GM wants something like 350-odd
dollars Canadian.

Andy Hill
Int'l Movie Services
Vancouver, B.C.