Re: [MV] M151 question?

From: jonathon (jemery@execpc.com)
Date: Thu Jul 20 2000 - 15:29:43 PDT

>..... I would also recommmend using a oil tempereature thermostat. You can
also run the oil too cold.

The ones you get from speed shops and mail order places are really garbage,
oilstat's they call them. I put one on one of my Allisons and I went to a
hydraulic supplier. It was twice as much $'s but they publish actual specs
for it (and you can pick temperature ranges) and it has large enough ports
that it would never be a restriction to the system. Another way to go is to
use a double cooler. Feed the oil out (hot oil) to an air cooler then run
it thru a radiator type water cooler, thus if the outside air temp is to low
the rad cooler will actually warm the oil back up so you don't return cold
oil to the engine, us folks up in the snow (or is that rust?) belt need to
concider stuff like that.

je