Re: [MV] Not going to Beltring? Have a look...

From: Steve Malikoff MV list account (44gpw@phaedra.apana.org.au)
Date: Fri Jul 21 2000 - 21:39:59 PDT

Morten said:
> For all of us not getting the chance to go to this month's "OD Heaven",
Yep, that's me :( :( :(

  Came across a couple of generators; Auto-Lite
> GDZ-4801L. They are 6 V 35 Amps. Any of u guys have the info available
> as to if they indeed are for any MV's, and if not; what kind of
> vehicle(s) do they fit. Have already found out that they are not for
> GPW/MB, Dodge WC, GMC, Diamond 4 ton nor Ward laFrance Wreckers.

I just checked my TM 9-1825B ELECTRICAL EQUIPMENT (AUTO-LITE) dated 20 January
1944, and it lists the GDZ 4801 and the GDZ 4801A through D revisions, but
no L revision. Perhaps it's a late-war one? (waiting to be corrected by Jim
G here :)

> It all adds up to a good way of searching info and thereby getting our
> minds off those lucky b....... being at Beltring for a few minutes.

Here in Oz, we don't mince our words: They're lucky bastards, thats for sure!

> Even the weather seems to have improved there ;-)
I'd rather it snowed... not because of envy, but rather so any M29 Weasel
there would be in its true element!

Steve.
steven@phaedra.apana.org.au