Oh Joy, The Truck Works!

From: jonathon (jemery@execpc.com)
Date: Sat Jul 22 2000 - 06:33:10 PDT

Hey all,

After a month or more of doing a front end job on the newly ackquired M35A2C
I finally took if for a drive yesterday. It starts, it runs, it drives, it
stops, how exciting.

Now on to solve other little problems like why that alternator is not
working. Seems a bit odd also that the thing is all the way over to its
furtherst ajdustment and seems to be touching the fuel filter, perhaps the
wrong belts as well.

Planning to do a complete oil change on the truck, already went thru a tube
of grease.

Also have an air leak in one of the unions in the line off of the
compressor, looks so far like the tube split next to the flare nut. I'm
finding it hard to believe that they would plumb up the compressor with
copper tubing and not use a hose for at least a short distance, perhaps a
design improvement is in order.

Need to replace the parking brake shoes as they are almost paper thin.

Need to finish (already started) my trailer hitch for pulling the little
camper. I'm making up a frame that bolts to the fittings for the rear lift
rings (rings removed) and then has braces going back to existing holes in
the next cross member forward. I wouldn't pull the 18k# cat with it but it
will work for an 8' camper.

Of course getting all the seat cushions in would be nice, I don't mind
sitting on a boat cushion but any passenger would have to sit on the folded
down seat back.

I'm sure more things will show up, say tuned.

je