I Love A Mystery

From: Carol Kenyon (Da-Kenyons@webtv.net)
Date: Sun Jul 23 2000 - 10:39:56 PDT

Still trying to ID this '39 Ford Panel. I noticed
that the "paint record" isn't the same on all body
panels. For one thing, I think the doors were
completely stripped of paint because all I find
is the latest respray. My question is: Can anyone tell me if the
military (Army) used a red
primer just beneath the OD green? On several
places on the body AND the cabinets I see
bare metal, red, OD green (darker), red, OD green (lighter) and then the
respray. Both "reds" match. Does this sound military?
Thanks, Don