Partial history of vehicle

From: Mike and Cheryl (mleaton@netins.net)
Date: Tue Jul 25 2000 - 22:24:34 PDT

I took my 1952 M37 (3/4 ton Dodge Cargo Truck)
to a tractor show July 14. I had a good time hearing
stories from everyone. One guy even admitted he flipped
over a trailer loaded with land mines behind a M37 truck.
A man walked up to me and asked where the truck came from
and I told him a Fire Dept. in Whitten, IA. He proceeded to tell
me he used to drive the truck when it belonged to another Fire dept.
and asked me if I had a manual for the truck. I said I had most of the
manuals. He told me he had the manual that came with the truck when
their Fire Dept. picked it up from the Army, and he would mail it to me if I
gave him an
address. A week later in the mail I received a 1973 Operators manual for
the M37, a blank Operator's report of motor vehicle accident, and a accident
identification card. On the accident identification card was stamped at the
bottom (stamp went over edge of card so a little missing)

772nd ENGINEER COMPANY (PANEL BRIDG
Kansas Army National Guard
PO Box 207, Ft. Scott, Kansas

I can't seem to find anything on this I am not real familiar with what this
unit would
be. They don't seem to be in existence any more. I did find a 772nd MP. I
would like to
find out if this Company was in Korea. I have been on Kansas National guard
web site
and the list a 8?? engineer unit at fort Scott. I will try to write them and
search further, but
on the chance that someone might be familiar with this company I thought I
would post
to the list.

Thanks
Mike in Iowa