Re: [MV] Jeeps on History Channel

From: Richard Notton (Richard@fv623.demon.co.uk)
Date: Wed Jul 26 2000 - 11:22:38 PDT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Gil Huguley" <Gil@huguley.com>
To: "Military Vehicles List" <mil-veh@skylee.com>
Sent: Wednesday, July 26, 2000 3:38 AM
Subject: [MV] Jeeps on History Channel

> The recent Jeep documentary on the History Channel shows how modern
journalism does not respect the truth. There were many obvious errors in
the program.

Quite so. Perhaps this might show why we get a bit miffed over here
sometimes with the media output.

> The History Channel is one of my favorites, but every time they do a
program on a subject I know something about, I am disgusted by the
innacuracies. I fear that people who don't know about jeeps will think
these bozos are telling the straight story.

And that's on a subject you personally know about, what about the rest. . .
. . . . ?

> Makes you wonder about all the other stories they tell. If they play fast
and loose with the truth on stuff I know about, isn't it likely that they
ALWAYS twist the truth?

See Moneywood's historical re-write of D-Day and Enigma capture for
instance.

> That's kinda scary.

The professors of history think so too.

Richard