Re: [MV] Ford F series army vehicle

From: Julian Burke (julianb@esper.com)
Date: Wed Jul 26 2000 - 18:00:54 PDT

Oh yeah! Like Ford invented this "new" type of vehicle and touting it as
such. Chevy had it nailed down 20 years ago called a "CUCV". Damn good
truck too! Before that was the Dodge 880 and some before that. "Improved?"
"NEW?" I don't think so. Chevy has their "CUCV III" in the works right as
we speak! CUCV III is air conditioned also! Let Ford keep trying! Chevy's
already been there, done that and doing it again for the THIRD time! Julian

. Apparently Ford,
> > the army and the University of Louisville are trying to come up with a
new
> > military vehicle using the super duty trucks. The program is called
IMPACT
> > an acronym for "Improved Materials and Powertrain Architectures for
Trucks"