Beltring ... Wow

From: Tom Woodburn (twoodburn@earthlink.net)
Date: Thu Jul 27 2000 - 07:14:28 PDT

Now that I'm alive and well in southern Indiana I will share with the list
what my 5 days
in Beltring was like.
If we American's took every MV show in the US held over two years then it
would still not equal what I just saw. Truly amazing and very well
organized.
Meeting list members that I have "known" for the last four years was just
the topping on the cake. Pictures of the Mil-Veh group are rumored to be on
the net.
Acres and acres of either vehicles or stalls (that a booth over here)
boggled ones mind. To be able to ride on some of these exotic pieces was
outstanding.
The first day there, ten minutes after meeting Andreas and Doug, I was
riding in the back of a Kettenkrad. (Thanks again Andreas and the
kroutjuicenstuffenstinken is not all that bad tasting)
The two list members that I didn't get to meet were Nige and Gordon. I saw
Nige everyday "working" at the arena and Gordon I missed completely.
I got to work (hang out in) the MVPA booth friday, sat., and sunday. At the
booth I got to meet and talk to, new and old MVPA members. Whenever a
question about something other than a jeep came up, I would refer that
member to the Mil-veh list, so maybe we'll get some new list members also.
And that driving on the wrong side of the road thing. I did it and
returned the car just like new. (Well, the side walls on the left side of
the car had more mileage than the bottoms of the tire.
I'm headed for Medina Ohio now and will see some of you in Kansas City.
Tom Woodburn
MVPA 16138
1944 MB (currently on loan to the Indiana National Guard for parade duty)