Trailer for M38a1

From: dvsww2 (dvsww2@cyberhighway.net)
Date: Thu Jul 27 2000 - 12:23:55 PDT

I agree with Jim. I haven't had my jeep and jeep trailer onmy car trailer
yet, but in deceding what to buy I talked to a lot of guys and you need at
least a 16ft. Not sure how much longer the M38A1 is, but I saw a guy with
a GPW and trailer and with a 16ft railer he was able to load the entire
length and trailer hooked together and had about 2ft of overhang on the
rear. If a guy had a small winch on the trailer, one could winch the tongue
of the jeep trailer up under the rear of the jeep and haul it that way. Go
tamden axle by all means. One deal to watch on trailers is the width. Get
as wide as you can find. Mine is 84 inches inside the fenders. I
recently hauled a Scout Car Chassis and then a WWII 1 ton International
Weapons carrier on mine and it worked fine.