I am sick.....

From: Jeanne Lacourse (cckw@mediaone.net)
Date: Thu Jul 27 2000 - 13:34:29 PDT

I attended a combo DRMO and State of NH auction today.

They had an almost one of a kind WW2 Chevy Crash Truck built by/for Ft
Hollimbrad (sp). It was a close to perfect as you will find especially
considering that a fire dept had it. Not too many extra items and holes. No
rot at all!

A friend of mine was planning on going to $2500 for it. He went to $6000 and
gave up. I jumped in and took it to $7000 (more than I wanted to spend for
it...) and the other guy got it for $7100. It outsold all the M-series stuff
I believe.

I introduced myself to the buyer. He wants to take the specialized body off
and make a dump truck out of it!

The WW2 Chevy's will NOT take being overloaded. The frame will crack between
rivet holes that hold the frontend rear spring mount and the motor mount.

This is like taking the Statue of Liberty and cutting off the arms and head
and puting a cell tower on top!!!!!

My friend and I are just sick about it....

Steve AKA Dr Deuce