Motorbikes at Beltring

From: Andreas Mehlhorn (a.mehlhorn@t-online.de)
Date: Fri Jul 28 2000 - 00:41:19 PDT

Antoine schrieb:
> Shheesh! And I missed all that good fun... The only shows I get
> to go to are the D-Day Commemorations every 5 years in
> Normandy...Good, but few and far betwwen... I am green with
> envy.... Where there any good military bikes beyond the
> ubiquitous WLA? Any Harley XA's?

Dear Antoine,

there were lots of military motorbike at Beltring. The official listing
shows 213 motorbike entrants. Among them 5 Kettenkrads, lots of BSA
(W)M 20 and Harley WLA and WLC, many German BMW R75 and ZÜNDAPP KS750
with sidecar and also very rare bikes, like the swedish MONARK from 1943.

But not a single Harley XA.

Best regards
Andreas