Re: [MV] M151 fast attack vehicle?

From: chance wolf (timberwolf@lynx.bc.ca)
Date: Sun Jul 30 2000 - 09:55:53 PDT

At 02:21 PM 7/29/00 -0500, Andy Michalski wrote:
>Hi List,
>
>Here is an interesting M151 variant, is this the modified version that I
>think is called the fast attack vehicle or something like that? It is
>showing up on the public search listing on the DRMS site, and it looks like
>there is no demil required (code Q). Too bad it is in Japan.
>
>http://www.drms.dla.mil/servlet/ShowPictxt?ric=SSTA&dtid=M2017500180087A
>
>Andy

If it's the same beast I'm thinking of (can't get web access at the moment
to check), they
were heavily modified 151's with Kevlar bits stuck all over, a radio-rack
in the back, a
sort of hard-top, cut out fenders with oversize tires, and a huge McKay
antenna-tuning-unit
shoved up underneath the firewall where the -25 heater would normally be.

Ft. Lewis had a bunch of those, described to me as "Special Forces Jeeps",
apparently
used to bring a certain Central American dictator to heel. One of our
chapter members
scored a couple of them at Ft. Lewis with the usual disposal restrictions
in place, and
is bolting the bits on to a spare 151A2 body tub. Fairly well along when I
last looked - just needs the
PRC-74, 119, GXC-7A and a bunch of other goodies to complete it.

another Andy,

M151A2
M37
M100