CUCV Questions

From: code3mmc@mail.aye.net
Date: Mon Jul 31 2000 - 10:20:46 PDT

Hi everyone...

I'm brand new to this emailing list and to military vehicle
collecting.

I am interested in buying a surplus CUCV, and there are several DRMO
outlets within driving distance of my home (Louisville, Kentucky
area). My questions are thus:

1) What kind of price range does a restorable CUCV Blazer sell for
from the surplus bid sales or auctions held at the Defense Logistics
Agency lots ???

2) Are there any problems getting a clear title and registration for
vehicles purchased at a government surplus sale (in Kentucky
specifically if anyone knows...) ??

2) How difficult is it to convert these vehicles to 12-volt
electrical systems ??

Any advice would be appreciated

Mike M.
Louisville, Kentucky