Tax Exempt Organizations

From: Geof Kaye (KAYE-RIVERCITY@webtv.net)
Date: Wed Aug 02 2000 - 10:45:19 PDT

Oh Esteemed List Members: I need to donate a
HMV[deuce] to a tax exempt organization in return for a donation letter
with the stipulation that they will use the vehicle for at least 2 years
form the date of delivery. Any suggestions? If I donate it to an
organization that doesn't use it and instead resells it for less than
the "Fair Market Value" of the appraisal- then the IRS reduces the
donation amount and reduces my donation-another words I'm at the mercy
of a third party [SOL]...or someone who would "give/sell" it to an
"insider" for a lot less than the appraisal....So I need an organization
who will agree to this stipulation....I know--- it's a difficult
question for the list to come up with an answer to/for---but then
again-- I believe it is a valid question having to do with HMV's.. Any
suggestions on or off the list are sincerely appreciated....might a list
member/organization be interested in such a donation? I'm in Cincinnati
Ohio.... thanks geof

'92 Dodge Diesel -'72 AMG 6X6 Deuce -'97 454/425 Pathmaker
Airboat-'87 BAJA Fish and Ski and more time/money/toys than I know what
to do with....Ain't America Great!!!