Re: [MV] We should be... So I checked.

From: Glenn (dogstar918@mediaone.net)
Date: Wed Aug 02 2000 - 21:30:28 PDT

Dear Lee;

----- Original Message -----
From: <LEEnCALIF@aol.com>
To: <Mil-Veh@uller.skylee.com>; <dogstar918@mediaone.net>
Sent: Wednesday, August 02, 2000 15:21
Subject: Re: [MV] We should be... So I checked.

> In a message dated 8/2/00 9:33:47 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
> dogstar918@mediaone.net writes:
>
> << Hi List
> I am not a lawyer by any means and wading through all the legalese is
time
> consuming, but what I have come up with is as follows:
>
> 1. Rep. Floyd Spence of SC filed a bill along with other sponsors in the
> House Armed Services Comm. for the regular DOD appropriations for
> 2001.........
>
> Within H4205 is Title III, Subtitle G, Sec. 361 et al. To read it for
> yourself go to www.congress.org and click legislation, enter H4205 and
look
> through it. The easiest version to look through is version 2.
>

> Glenn Shaw MVPA >>
>
> Hi Glen, thanks for the heads up on this bill and I totally agree it would
be
> an outraged if it is as you have stated.

It is as I stated. Please follow the links as stated above. You have to
read the detailed, entire text of the legislation, and you must look at the
early copies as originally filed, as I stated. The later copies which you
read have the language we are concerned with deleted, as I stated. That
does not mean it cant come back.

> However, I just visited Floyd Spences web site and also the Congressional
web
> site and I looked up the bill. First, it is H.R. 4205. All bills from
the
> house are designed with an H.R. before the number.

Agreed, however the search engine works just fine as H4205.

 I scanned through the whole bill and didn't see anything remotely like what
> you are saying. I'm not saying it is not there, I am just saying I didn't
> see it and the numbers you provided do not seem to match up to anything in
> the bill I reviewed. Maybe there is a later version out that is not
> posted... I have no idea? I didn't see it.

It is the early versions in detail that you have to read.

> I will contact my Congressman today and see what the status is of H.R.
4205
> and if he has heard of any last minute ammendments such as you have
stated.

I never stated that this was a last minute amendment. It was the original
language before it was amended to what it is presently.

> It is hard for me to believe a Republican controlled congress would
tolerate
> such an outrage, let alone have a Republican author such.

Agreed and perhaps that is why at the moment this section is out.

> It sure doesn't fit with this guys back ground either, ex-Navy officer...

 Fit or not it was in the original Armed services comm. draft as submitted
and printed.

> I will let you know when I find out. I would also urge you or anyone to
do
> more follow up.

I dont think I need to do more at this point. I can read it in black and
white and have contacted my Senators.

Glenn Shaw MVPA