1984 MUTT Questions

From: Anith@wfp.org
Date: Thu Aug 03 2000 - 12:01:58 PDT

--------------- cc:Mail Forwarded ---------------
From: Daeen Sub-Office
Date: 08/03/2000 06:06 PM
To: anith AT KHTM_PO1
Subject: 1984 MUTT Questions
Dear List,

The body of my 1984 MUTT appears to be made of thinner guage of steel than
that of the earlier MUTTs. This is obvious especially when you open the
hood (it feels very light) or knock on the fenders. (However, they are all
originals.)

Does anybody have an idea if this is normal in late A2s? If yes, what was
the reason for the change? Did they make any Aluminium bodies in the '80s?

At present I have 6.50 x 16 tyres on the original 16 inch rims. Here in
Sudan, one does not get good 6.50 or 7.00 x 16 tyres anymore. Since I want
to go for bigger size, can I go for LT235/85 R 16 that are available? Will
they fit on to the original rims? I do not want to change the rims.
My usage is mainly on-road. What are the advantages/disadvantages if I fit
these tyres? And any effect on the vehicle performance?

Ken (Muttguru) had kindly provided the addressse from where I could get the
Operational Manual for my late madel M151A2. I lost the adresses when a bug
hit my computer! If any listers could help with some addresses in the US
and Europe, it would be a big help.

Thanks guys!

Anith Suvarna

Sudan (Africa)