Happy Birthday Mum! (was ... VOTE FOR BUSH...)

From: Geoff Winnington-Ball (gwball@sympatico.ca)
Date: Fri Aug 04 2000 - 15:03:25 PDT

Richard Notton wrote:

> [...]

Esteemed Gentlemen of The [Former] Colonies,

What my friend the eminent Mr. Notton, Esq. is referring to, is the 100th
birthday today of Her Majesty The Queen Mother Elizabeth. While I won't bore you
with the details of her now century-long life, suffice to say that this much
beloved icon of British civilisation 'earned her keep' in WW2 as the wife of
King George VI. She provided untold support to the harried peoples of the
Commonwealth the world over during the darkest days of the war, and refused to
evacuate London during even the worst of the Blitz, and even after Buckingham
Palace had been bombed. She remains a representative of the very best of
constitutional monarchy, and has been a unique fixture of sanity in the
oft-muddled social politics of the Royal Family. She will be greatly missed once
she is finally gone, for she represents all of the greatness and forebearance of
an era she has already herself outlived.

Canada joins the world in wishing her a very "Happy Birthday!". May there be
many more!

Three Cheers for the Queen Mum!

--
Regards,

Geoff Winnington-Ball MAPLE LEAF UP! ==> Zephyr, Ontario, Canada ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Maple Leaf Up - The Canadian Army Overseas in WW2 http://www.mapleleafup.org ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 1st Canadian Armoured Carrier Regiment http://www.1cacr.org ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~