Point At Which The Cabinets Were Installed

From: Carol Kenyon (Da-Kenyons@webtv.net)
Date: Sat Aug 05 2000 - 09:55:42 PDT

Hello, listers, A small point concerning my
'39 Panel has come to light. For nearly a year
now I've been told by people I've contacted
that the cabinets most likely were a later add-on. Not according to the
"paint record".
If we assume that the two separate coats of red
are primer coats (everyone on the list agreed
with that) then the only "paint" difference the
cabinets have is the initial coat of primer. That's primer gray.
Otherwise EVERYTHING has been painted darker OD green (first coat
of paint) then primer red then lighter OD Green
followed by the wimpy medium green respray.
Like one man told me, "It was a boondoggle, a
misappropriation of public money!"
  While I'm online, does anyone know anybody
at the Kingman, Arizona Airport Historical Association. Just read one
of my dad's old
AIR CLASSICS and there was an article about
the dismantling of WWII airplanes there. Mr.
Everett Doyle told me about how he saw a truck
like mine dismantling WWII bombers in Walnut
Ridge, ARK. According to the article, a Mr.
Martin Wunderlich bought the airplanes from
the War Assets Administration for $2,780,000.00. Mr. Doyle, does
"Wonderlich
Contracting Company" sound familiar? They
had three smelters going full time!
Thanks Again, Don Kenyon