SECTION 361

From: bolton8@juno.com
Date: Mon Aug 07 2000 - 07:36:41 PDT

                        I would first like to extend my sincerest gratitude to Mr. Glenn
Shaw MVPA for his posting of Wed 2 Aug to alert us of "Sec.361 AUTHORITY
ENSURE DEMILITARIZATION OF S.M.E. FORMERLY OWNED BY THE DoD"
If it had not of been for Mr. Shaw's informative post we would still be
in ignorance
of this threat to our hobby; our freedom; and possibly the 4th Amendment.

                        Great thanks and appreciation are also extended to the unknown
member that contacted the NRA and GOA concerning this stealth attack on
our
hobby. Neither the NRA nor the GOA were aware of Sec. 361, but as of Fri
4 Aug
both have thrown their political weight into the fray.

                        On Friday I telephoned the offices of both my U.S. Senator's
-- John McCain and Jon Kyl -- today I shall fax their Washington offices
with a
paragraph or two follow-up. In addition I intend to send a polite and
intelligent
fax to Mr. Floyd Spence in SC. To those hundreds of other MV members
that
have done the same I offer the thanks and gratitude for us all. To the
thousands of
MV members that have not contacted their Senators I state emphatically:
Get off your Clinton and DO SOMETHING for Chriz' sake !!

                        Just because Sec.361 has been removed from Senate bill S2550
DOES NOT mean it can't be put back in before the bill is passed. HR4205
was
presented to the House of Representatives in April; and we were not
informed.
Sec.361 was inserted into the bill; and we were not informed. HR4205 was
passed
by the US H of Rep on 13 July 2K; and we were not informed. It was sent
the US Senate; and we were not informed. If Sec.361 is put BACK INTO
the
bill; do you think you will be informed? Prior to being signed into law
by Sick Willie,
do you think you will be informed? One week after this becomes law,
THEN the
Dept of Defence will inform you.

                        If we do manage to keep this assault on the 4th Amendment out
of the Senate bill don't be so ignorant to think we've won the war. The
groundwork;
paperwork; "Authority To Require ....; is still there. Does anyone on
this list think
that Senators Diane Feinstein and S--thead Schumer would not re label it
as
Amendment 361 and attach it to the first "Save The Children" Bill that
comes down
the line??

                        In closing I would like to put out a question to anyone who has
researched HR 4205. Who was the House Representative that got Sec.361
added to the bill? Gentlemen: start your fax's.

Lance A Bolton
1952 M37