Proceedure for polarization of generators?

From: Kelly, Robert (Robert_Kelly@FCEINC.COM)
Date: Mon Aug 07 2000 - 08:50:44 PDT

All this talk of generator polarization has me wondering what the actual
proceedure is. I don't recall seeing it in any of my manuals (I have a GPW).

As I think I may be soon doing some work, or replacing mine soon, I was
hoping some of you esteemed listers can tell me the correct proceedure.

Please present it in the manner of all of those "X subject for Dummies"
books that are out there. You may make your own inference about my
mechanical ability based on this statement.

Someday, when I'm big, I hope that I too can become knowledgable enough to
add something worthwhile to the list.

Thanks all!

Bob Kelly
'42 GPW