An Apology.....and politics and stuff

From: EdLortz@aol.com
Date: Mon Aug 07 2000 - 10:59:38 PDT

    I committed two of the cardinal sins of posting to a list. I hit the send
button on a draft while still annoyed. I also used words inappropriate,
unnecessary, and inflammatory to many members of this list. For both of
which, I sincerely apologize.
    I obliterated my original point, which was, having just read thru 59 list
posts:
        11 involved military vehicles.
        7 contributed new information concerning pending legislation
involving our hobby.

        16 made comments on the upcoming election or royal family not related
to mv's.
        15 contributed nothing new to the thread of pending legislation.
        10 concerned nothing in particular.

    Only 31% efficiency rate (I went back and counted), coupled with plowing
thru 30 business-related and other emails, caused my frustration. I posted
too hastily. I grant that occasional humor is not out of place, nor is an
occasional legitimate debate on freedoms such as helmet laws.
    I also made bitter enemies of two posters whom I respect and with whom I
had traded helpful and cheerful correspondence in the past. That saddens me.
    Now I promise to shut up unless I have something specific to contribute.
I am still interested in our common hobby; military vehicles and their
history, collection, and availability.
        cheers
            Ed

PS: I lost the digest which included Saturday. Hopefully someone can forward
that to me.