"Panic" & "Hysteria"

From: Thomas Gould (ARMOR-1@webtv.net)
Date: Wed Aug 09 2000 - 12:07:27 PDT

 Glenn Wrote:
<<This post is totally misleading by Tom Norris. It was NEVER stated
that the current version of the bill is what we are concerned with. It
is and always was the attempt in the original language to eliminate the
private possession of all items on either the SME or DRMO Demil lists.
It is extremely foolhardy for people to trivialize what has gone on
here.
Glenn Shaw MVPA>>

Glenn is entirely CORRECT. I strongly disagree with Gavin's use of the
words "panic" and "hysteria" when describing this lists response to
potetially devastating bill under consideration. This list has done no
such thing.

Make no mistake. It is very real and if anything, we should have
"paniced", but didn't.

Gavin and Tom either did not find the correct section of what was
"passed" and then sent on originally , or did not understand what they
were reading.

Tom